Last updated May 25, 2018
1. Information Collected
We collect two (2) types of information from you: 1) information that you voluntarily supply in form fields on this Site (e.g. through the voluntary registration process); and 2) information that may be derived through automated tracking mechanisms. NOTE: We do not knowingly collect personal information about individuals residing in the European Union. If you believe we have collected or processes personal information about any individuals residing in the European Union, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.1 Voluntary Information for Services and Features
We collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain features of the Site. This information includes personal information like your name, email address, city, state, zip code, phone number and congressional district. When we collect this information, we ask for your email address which consents you to receive email from us.
When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, it may affect your accessibility with the Site. You may also opt out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by contacting us directly.
1.3 Communications With Us
When you send us emails or other communications, we maintain those communications and their contents so that we can resolve your inquiries or otherwise assist you.
1.4 Location Information and Usage Information
Because we host the Site though Squarespace—their site might collect information about your activity on and interaction with them, such as your IP address, your device or browser type, the webpage you visited before coming to our sites and identifiers associated with your devices. They might also collect information about your devices (depending on your settings) which may transmit location information to the Services. This Site does not collect nor review any of that information.
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our site
- Send you confirmation, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- To request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service
- To send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for Sister District
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site
- Personalize and improve the Site
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Measure usage and target ads
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
Sisterdistrict.com is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
3. Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including for the purpose of measurement services and ad targeting
- With Sister District staff and volunteers working within our stated goals
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Sisterdistrict.com, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We are not liable or responsible for personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit on the Site.
4. How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable security measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
5. Email Choice/Opt-out
If any user who receives an email from the Site and would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, [he or she] can do so by following the instructions in the email. In addition, you may contact us directly. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
6. Disclaimer to Security
7. Contact Information