One of the most important things you can do is to run for office where you live. Here are a few resources to get you started.
Candidate fund raising
Crowdpac and ActBlue are a platforms for candidate fundraising. Both allow you to create political crowdfunding pages in minutes. It allows you to raise money for free for a candidate or an organization or organizations you support. You can even set conditions on the release of the money you raise. Think of them as the Kickstarter of political campaigns.
The following are organizations that are helpful for training people to run for local, state, federal offices.
- Girls in Politics Initiative
- Barbara Lee Family Foundation
- Running Start
- Emily's List
- She Should Run
- Higher Heights
- Nationwide Political Resource Map
- Emerge America
- Gay & Lesbian Victory Institute
- New American Leadership Project
- Progressive Change Campaign
- Democracy in America
- National Democratic Training Committee
- Run for Something